Thursday, October 4, 2007

Things I never thought I would learn in graduate school...

Okay, so I came into graduate school thinking I would expand my nursing and medical knowledge. That's it, nothing more. However, I was wrong, terribly and hilariously wrong.

1. You may become friends with the most unlikely people.
2. You will learn to better appreciate the simplicity of life.
3. You not only suffer from insanity, but enjoy it and use it for both good and evil.
4. It is humanly possible to live off of a diet of coffee, expresso, Red Bull, cereal, and diet soda.
5. There are diagnoses that do not and will not ever have ICD 9 billing codes.
6. You will learn to have the most incredible poker face that even the professionals can't break.
7. Exhaustion is a way of life and can be used for personal enjoyment and entertainment.
8. Laptops, notebooks, and textbooks can make wonderful pillows.
9. You will still have no idea what you want to be when you grow up...if you grow up.
10. Feeling totally inept is a good thing and quite normal...congrats.

11. The more mud you sling on the wall, the more that will stick.
12. Sanity is madness put to good use.
13. Life will always throw you curveballs and those may be just the thing or person you need to be your saving grace.

There are many other random pearls of information that I have acquired since embarking on my journey in graduate school. However, many of those pearls are not appropriate for public knowledge nor would most people understand them the first two or fifteen times around.

No comments: