Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Nike Words of Wisdom

Sooner or later, you start taking yourself seriously. You know when you need a break. You know when you need a rest. You know what to get worked up about and what to get rid of. And you know when it's time to take care of yourself, for yourself. To do something that makes you stronger, faster, more complete. Because you know it's never too late to have a life. And never too late to change one. -Nike

A woman is often measured by the things she cannot control. She is measured by the way her body curves or doesn't curve, by where she is flat or straight or round. She is measured by 36-34-36 and inches and ages and numbers, by all the outside things that don't ever add up tp who she is inside. And so, if a woman is to be measured, let her be measured by the things she can control, by who she is and who she is trying to become. Because as every woman knows, measurements are only statistics and statistics lie. -Nike

DO NOT RESIST CHANCES. Take them like vitamins. Let go of the brakes. See what happens if you go five more miles. Footbridges be damned, find your own way across. Don't worry about the bumps and bruises. Your body can take them. Don't steer around the bits that scare you, go over them, go through them. Do something the guys in the bowling league would be terrified of. You feel your chin rise up from your chest, and you'll be able to see what's around you. What's ahead of you. And there will be one less thing you cannot do. -Nike

I don't want fifteen minutes of fame. I want a life. I want to choose the best. I know the best are selectively chosen. I don't want to work for a company. I want to build one. But the rest of my goals are long term. The results of my day to day determination. I redefine the word consistency. Along the way there will be moments of brilliance. I will be sure to make them all count. I am sure the moments will add up to something greater. A record of excellence. A plaque in a hall. I will always believe in the ideal. Ideally, the best. I hope to be remembered. Not just recalled. I hope to make a difference. I hope that someday everyone would just do it. -Nike

No comments: