Sunday, October 28, 2007

Life's Tough, Where a Helmet

A recent event in my life has made me rethink many things I have done over the last few years. This mainly revolves around the busy schedule that I maintain and pushing myself so hard to get through everything I want to achieve. The downside to this is that I miss out on a lot of things in life, as well as burning the candle at both ends, as many people have said to me within this last week. So while I do not regret the path I have taken to get to where I am today, at the same time I wonder what have I sacrificed in order get ahead in life and really at the end of the day and the end of this journey, will it be worth it? Yes, I may have succeeded, but at what cost?

So, I ironically have heard many songs this week while in my travels to clinic, class, and work that have pretty much summed up my thoughts.

"There's gotta be something more. Gotta be more than this. I need a little less hard time. I need a little more bliss. I'm gonna take my chances. Taking a chance I might. Find what I'm looking for. There's gotta be something more." -SugarLand

"That's life, if you open up your eyes. You'll find it gets better all the time, time, time. Running out of time. I'm runnin' away. I'm running out of ways of running away. Got to slow down, if you don't, you're gonna breakdown." -SugarLand

"Don't blink. Just like that you're six years old and you're taking naps. And you wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife. Don't blink. You just might miss your babies growing like mine did, turning into moms and dads. Next thing you know your better half of fifty years is there in bed. And you're praying God takes you instead. Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster you think. Don't blink." -Kenny Chesney

No comments: