Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lessons Learned

So continuing from the last blog about things I have learned in grad school, I have found even more things...thanks to words of wisdom by those more intelligent than I.

Learn when to say yes and how to say no.
Choose friends carefully: ones who will be honest, supportive, and compassionate.
Toss out junk mail unopened.
Take a break and make time for meals.
Find ways to laugh...and cry.
Don't worry about being Martha Stewart.
Create a sacred space for yourself...at home or in the workplace.
Write down your personal vision statement and core values.
Carve out think time.
Always have a back-up plan.
Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
Reframe how you think about your situation: change your self-talk.
Get organized.
Care for yourself physically.
Forgive yourself.
Ask for help.

And if those things don't quite work, here is my rebuttal:

You-Off my planet!
Errors have been made and others will be blamed.
Allow me to introduce my selves.
Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
I just want revenge...is that so wrong?
Is it time for your medication or mine?
Chaos, panic, and disorder...my work here is done.

No comments: